I am an award-winning science journalist based in Nairobi, Kenya. My science journalism career spans for than a decade, having written for both local and international publications, including The Guardian, Science News, and Nature among many others.
- Science News. Kenya's expertise in geothermal power generation is helping neighbouring countries: https://www.sciencenews.org/article/geothermal-energy-africa-kenya-renewable-electricity
- Nature Africa: A new study dispels long-held ideas about evolution: https://www.nature.com/articles/d44148-023-00184-2
- American Chemical Society Publications: A new approach to antimicrobial research hopes to uncover new antibiotics: https://pubs.acs.org/doi/10.1021/acscentsci.3c00782
- Inter Press Service: Increased research effort is underway into one of little know neglected tropical diseases: https://www.ipsnews.net/2023/04/neglected-tropical-disease-mycetoma-research-gains-momentum/
- Context: Community-driven climate projects are having a positive impact: https://www.context.news/climate-risks/kenyas-community-first-climate-approach-lets-locals-pick-projects