Check out JourLance's Membership Criteria
At JourLance, we value the quality of content and expertise of our members. We carefully review each application to ensure that our members meet our criteria for journalistic experience and qualifications. To join JourLance, you must fulfil at least three of the following criteria:
- Have a degree in science journalism or science communication.
- Have at least 3 years experience working, as staff or freelance, in covering science for one or more independent media outlets.
- Have at least five published science-related stories.
- Published science-related stories on an established local, regional, national, or international media platform.
- Worked as part of the editorial staff (e.g., as a reporter, editor, fact-checker, producer, etc) at science-related media outlet.
We kindly ask for the following information to evaluate your application. Each piece of information serves a specific purpose, and it is important that all the provided information is in English.
If you’re passionate about science journalism and meet our criteria, we’d love to have you on board to join our community of top-notch journalists.