I am an early-career science & health writer with a bachelor's degree in microbiology with a minor in professional writing from UCLA. I am currently looking for career opportunities in Science Writing and Communications. I was a news reporter for UCLA's Daily Bruin for 2 years and was an editorial intern at the Allen Institute in 2022. I enjoy writing on a kaleidoscope of topics, with a keen interest in the life sciences (biology. neuroscience, and medicine) and biotechnology, and am skilled in writing engaging and scientifically accurate stories that explore the human side of science.
- News story: UCLA Health assembled a giant, inflatable colon in celebration of colon cancer awareness (https://dailybruin.com/2023/03/12/ucla-health-walks-community-through-risks-symptoms-of-colorectal-cancer)
- Patient feature story and guide to donating your brain to science (https://alleninstitute.org/news/so-you-want-to-donate-your-brain-to-science/)
- News story: UCLA researchers found that experiences with racism and discrimination can impact the health of the brain and the body, particularly the gut microbiome. (https://dailybruin.com/2023/02/07/ucla-study-finds-discriminatory-experiences-affect-health-of-brain-body)
- Feature article: Exploration of the meaning of aging and epigenetic clocks (https://alleninstitute.org/news/dnas-molecular-wrinkles-why-you-might-be-older-or-younger-than-you-think/)
- Podcast episode: Bumblebees can suffer from social isolation, impacting the development of their brains and social behaviors. (https://alleninstitute.org/news/lab-notes-bees-suffer-from-social-isolation-too/)