With a background in Anthropology and Photography, I hold a Master’s Degree in Journalism. My storytelling works to not just illuminate the climate crisis, but help distill the complexities of science for the everyday reader. Visual storytelling is a lifelong passion of mine and I draw from my experiences as an archaeologist and a father of two in order to connect with communities.
As a cinematographer, I have helped create two award-winning documentary films, On the Record: A century of Journalism Education at Nevada and Piconland: The Quest for the Perfect Picon Punch, which one Best Nevada Film at the 2023 Dam Short Film Festival.
- In rewilding a pocket of pristine antelope habitat, volunteers turn to fence removal
- This story looks at the value of removing unused fences on a wildlife refuge to help rebuild pronghorn antelope populations.
- Methane: the ugly, bad, and the good
- A brief synopsis of the science behind methane removal.
- One Less Car
- A story about why I ride my bike and how cycling is a viable solution to reducing carbon emissions in urban centers.
- Fight food insecurity through urban farming
- This story examines how one urban farm is fighting food insecurity.
- The Economics of a dark sky
- This story looks into the economic value of dark sky tourism.